Saturday, January 9, 2016

Have Faith


      So as mentioned in my first blog post I was once an education major discouraged by the PRAXIS test. The PRAXIS test is the standardized test that you need to pass to become a certified teacher. Whether in an alternative certification program or an education major. I took the test 3 times while an education major and fell short all three times. I started to question if teaching was even my passion, if it was purpose. When I switched my major, although I was interested in Public Health, it did not give me that fix that education did. I felt like I was just going through the motions of being in college.  When I graduated I told myself that I would focus simply on passing all three sections of the PRAXIS test. I made time to study but I really wasn't studying with going right into a full time job and having to deal with the real word, I put it on the back burner. I was praying for something that I wasn't working for. 
          One day I went into work and realized that, where I am is a great place to be in, at this time in my life, but I do not want to be here this time next year. So I registered for the test and signed up for the date November 14th, I bought the PRAXIS CORE for dummies book, I set study times and dates. I took the test and impatiently waited for my scores. When I finally received my scores I was 2 points away from the passing score. I became discouraged again, asking questions as before. A couple of days later one of my best friends had received an email saying that she was accepted to Dental school. That itself was motivation for me, to know that things that we prayed and talked about while in high school and college are reality now. 
         I registered for the test again, taking it on December 31st. This time I studied the book, I downloaded the PRAXIS app on my phone. I prayed and told myself that whats for me, is for me and it will not pass me. I spent hours on multiple choice questions. I spent my break going through multiple choice questions. I was really committed this time and it paid off.  I got an email late last night saying my scores were available, I was so anxious, my phone on 1% percent I logged in and seen that I passed the writing section! I give all praise to God, because through him all things are possible! 

Stay focused on your goals and stay committed to them. Don't give up, just because it looks like work. People often compare their story to someone elses, you can't do that. You don't know what they've went through to get to where they are now. You don't know how hard they worked or how dedicated they were to make things happens. You can't expect overnight success, its all a process. Keep God in the center of everything, work hard, pray, and have faith. You can't lose! 




No comments:

Post a Comment