Friday, January 22, 2016

Habit is what keeps you going

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily. - Zig Ziglar 



Getting motivated is never the problem, staying motivated is. I know this from experience, I think of something and all the possibilities that come with it, I'm extremely motivated, then days later I'm like whatever. I have to agree with Jim Ryun when he says "Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going" Your habits and decisions make you who you are and who you will be. Make it a habit to think positive, make it a habit to read more, make it a habit to think and do things that will elevate you higher. Motivation comes with change, it doesn't have to be all at once, it can be slow and gradual but it has to be done. 

I wanted to share with you some things that keep me motivated throughout the day! 

1. The Confident Woman Devotional App by Joyce Meyer.
 This app taps into things that trouble women daily, it helps you to realize that you are a strong, confident woman and that you must first love yourself. It gives you daily tools to address and solve problems. I have had this app for almost 2 years and I believe that it is amazing! I check it every morning for inspiration to start my day with positive thoughts. Every lesson can be applied to anything you are growing through, whether it be intimate relationships, family/friend relationships, or a relationship with yourself. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/confident-woman-devotional/id404880310?mt=8





2. The Sprinkle of Jesus App
 I recently downloaded this app and I instantly loved it! It gives General, men, and women alerts. They pop up randomly throughout the day and it is very inspiring and encouraging http://www.sprinkleofjesus.com

3. Eric Thomas
Eric Thomas is a motivational speaker, I follow him on Instagram and his post are always encouraging and makes you want to get up and grind like no other. His story is also amazing, he doesn't forget where he has came from, or what got him to where he is today! He uses that as his platform and people love him for it! Follow him on IG if you want to fill your newsfeed up with Inspiration. He also has his own website where he has tons of stuff to get and keep you motivated
http://etinspires.com



4. Reyna Biddy 
I just so happened to stumble upon her twitter account one day and fell in love with the words she wrote. She has her own book out now called I Love My Love. She inspires women to love themselves so deeply, that you will never accept less than you deserve. She lets you know that its okay to be hurt, but its not okay to stay hurt, she talks about her hurt and how anyone can get through a broken heart. She also uplifts and encourages women, if you're looking for something to help you gain your confidence back or to start loving yourself more; follow her on her social media sites and you won't be disappointed! 
@DearYoufromWe (Twitter)
@ReynaBiddy (IG)
@Reyna Biddy (tumblr)



Whenever I'm feeling discouraged or not motivated I made it a habit to take time out and seek encouragement and motivation from the apps and people listed above! What are your habits that keep you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment