Saturday, January 2, 2016

Different Routes; Same Destination

You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight- Jim Rohn

There are several routes to one destination, you have to be open to those routes and keep your faith. My sophomore year in college I struggled with passing the PRAXIS test, which I needed to pass to go to the next step in becoming a teacher. The deadline to apply for the teaching program had passed, I had not passed the PRAXIS test and I was discouraged. I started to ask around about different routes to get to my goal. I received several answers and solutions but I had to do what best suited me. From fear of wasting money on classes I simply did not need. I changed my major to Health and Human performance with a concentration in Public Health Education, graduating in May 2015 with a Bachelors in Science

I was told I could go through the ACES program through JCPS to get my teachers certification, or I could get my Masters in Education and become a teacher that way. I decided to pursue the ACES program and learning more about it, I felt that it was for me. I began to look at the PRAXIS test again and decided to take the sections one at a time, that way I can focus on one thing at a time and really study that section. I am currently waiting on my scores from the writing section of the test.

Just because its traditionally done one way, doesn't mean you can't go on and do it another way! I encourage anyone that is feeling discouraged about your journey, your destination or a test.  Pray about it and then work for it! You can't expect results for something you simply did not work for. If you know that you are walking in your purpose then you have to keep your faith and know that God will guide your footsteps to your destination when it is time for you to reach it, and not a second earlier. You go through things that enhance everything that you are, so embrace doing it differently, and know that with God by your side you can accomplish anything!

For those wondering what the ACES program is, I am attaching two links that go more in depth on it.
http://www.jefferson.kyschools.us/Programs/mcconnections/docs/ACESInfoSheet.pdf
http://www.jefferson.kyschools.us/Programs/mcconnections/docs/ACESBrochure.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment